Mad Hungry

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tuna Tomato Pasta

Last night I made this Tuna Tomato Pasta.  It was quick, easy and just what you'd pull together from the items in your pantry.

I was a bit skeptical at first thinking...tuna with tomato sauce, ummmmmmmm, but hey, that's what this decision to prepare recipes was all about.  If I was afraid to try new things, I should have kept my butt out of the kitchen.

Literally, I just tossed the onion, garlic and red peppers in the hot olive oil for five minutes before adding my tuna and tomatoes.  I didn't really measure anything.  I kinda, as Lucinda would say, "eyeballed it."
I let that simmer for twenty five minutes while my pasta was getting tender.  Ten minutes later, I sat at my dining room table with a tossed salad topped with honey mustard vinaigrette and the tuna tomato pasta.  I must admit, at first I was a bit curious, but minutes after biting into it I realized that tuna definitely brings out the tomato flavor better than any ground beef.   The tuna was tender, the sauce was light and the pasta was nicely coated...not too rich, not too tomato pasty.

All in all, this recipe is one of those last minute, having uninvited guests, kids are picky, husband is no help, what the hell am I gonna make meal.  It's not the gourmet meal that I've been making these past several weeks, but it will do.

To feed your uninvited guests or to make your house happy, click (or copy and paste) the link below.
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/tuna-tomato-pasta-mad-hungry

No comments:

Post a Comment